I hope you’ve been having a great summer and have had some opportunities to get out and enjoy it with your family. We’ve just returned from a family road trip here, and the laundry is calling while the suitcases (as usual) protest being put away.
Nevertheless, I have an announcement to share and a reminder [...]
For the next installment of the “Need to Know” airlines series, here are some important points to be aware of (and be prepared for) if you will be flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler.
Not all strollers are accepted at the gate.
First, there is [...]
Visiting Seattle with a baby, toddler, or little kids? This guest post’s got you covered with great recommendations of the best things to do in Seattle with a baby-through-preschool-age child, written by Seattle local and mom of two young boys, Keryn Means. Keryn is a freelance writer who blogs all about her family’s adventures at [...]
Are you gearing up for a family road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler—or any combination of said back seat passengers? Here’s a guide to help with your planning and preparation drawing from nearly seven years of Travels with Baby Tips blog posts, ten years of my own experiences road-tripping with a baby, toddler, [...]
Many are the travel dining boosters and hook-on high chair options today (see some of my favorites here), but what I like about the Ciao! Baby portable high chair is that it is completely free standing.
Why might this travel-worthy portable high chair be the one for you?
When staying with (a [...]
Visiting Amsterdam with a baby, toddler, or little kids? This guest post’s got you covered with great recommendations from ex-pat mom of twins + 1 Farrah Ritter, who now calls the Netherlands home. Farrah blogs about her family’s adventures in parenting (with multiples!) and travels in her blog The Three Under.
Who’s ready to go camping with babies, toddlers, and preschoolers this summer?! I realized over Father’s Day weekend that we’ve been camping with kids for 10 years already–what an anniversary! We’ve certainly learned a thing or two along the way.
Here is a roundup of tips to help you plan and prepare, and pack for [...]
Congratulations to the winner of the RideSafer 2 travel vest and the 2nd edition Travels with Baby: The Ultimate Guide for Planning Travel with Your Baby, Toddler, and Preschooler. Abby Trytko, whose “subscribed by email” entry won, you have 3 days to respond to the email I sent and claim your prizes! [...]
A quick note for those of you who may have been out of town recently or otherwise busy (imagine that!), there’s still time to enter to win the RideSafer 2 travel vest, the FMVSS 213-certified alternative to car seats and boosters for children from 3 to 8 years, sponsored by Safe Ride 4 [...]
If you will be flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler, or are considering whether or not to book with the budget European airline for your family’s flight, here some important points that may really surprise you(!), especially if you’ll be flying Ryanair with a child under 2 years.
1. Ryanair only allows children [...]
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- New Goodreads book giveaway and… tonight’s East Bay event!
- Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- gina on Ask Shelly: Best winter weekend getaway with a baby in Northern California?
- Jenille Cristy on Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
- Shelly Rivoli on Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite