I hope you all had a fantastic Mother’s Day weekend! For me, it was one wonderful birthday celebration sliding into a most memorable weekend getaway, checking out a place that’s been on my to-do list for some time.
Safari West is a 400-acre wildlife preserve and African-style tent camp located just outside of [...]
Those of you who have read the Acknowledgments in Travels with Baby know that my mother was the A #1 reason I was able to finish all of the research and writing that went into the 300+ page book at a time when you might have thought I didn’t stand a snowflake’s chance in a sweatlodge of [...]
If you have a beginning swimmer, or an established swimmer you just want to give an added measure of safety during water play, the Speedo Kids Neoprene swim vest is an easy-packing favorite of ours you should seriously consider investing in. Seriously? Yes. Much to my own surprise, I found myself buying [...]
In my travels before babies, Jardin du Luxembourg was a favorite place to stroll and soak up Paris. And even with a baby in tow, we managed to carve out a little smooch time by its lovely Fontaine de Medici. With three kids along for the ride, however, I was thrilled—okay, we all were—to discover [...]
If you saw my previous post, The 5 Best Places to See California’s Giant Redwoods and Giant Sequoias, you already have a good idea of just how much our family loves to visit the big trees found along the West Coast. It was fun to stumble upon this Hawaiian variety on our recent trip to [...]
I will never forget the first time I saw a tree big enough to drive through. I was only five years old and beyond thrilled that our family road trip not only took us through the redwoods, but actually THROUGH a redwood tree.
If you are planning a family road trip to or through California, [...]
Today’s guest post comes from Elaine N. Schoch, an avid traveler who is busy exploring the world, usually with her two kids in tow (ages 3 and 5). She shares her adventures, travel advice and tips on CarpeTravel.com.
With so many things to do in San Juan with kids, only a week to [...]
As you can probably imagine, I had A LOT of fun taking pictures at the Maui Ocean Center. With the light streaming in from above and my son watching sharks and rays pass above, I took several as he stood mesmerized right here in the fabulous “shark tunnel.” If you missed my reveiw of “The [...]
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.
- Photo Fave: Iao Valley banyan tree, Maui
- The 5 best places to visit California’s giant redwoods and giant sequoias
- Puerto Rico with Kids: San Juan’s 5 Best Activities for Kids Under 5
- Photo Fave: Shark tunnel at Maui Ocean Center