As readers of Travels with Baby already know, we’re big fans of using carabiner clips during travel. Here are just a few of the ways these simple, inexpensive mountaineering clips may save your sanity on your next family adventure.
Use a carabiner clip to:
1. Secure your child’s Snack Trap to his car seat or stroller strap.
2. Attach a noisy toy to your baby backpack when hiking in bear country.
3. Attach a quiet toy to your child’s overall strap for general travel and especially when you’ll be changing his or her diaper in the lavatory or restroom (keeps their hands busy in a helpful way).
4. Attach your diaper bag, day pack, car seat travel bag, jackets by their hanging loops, or any number of extra items to your rolling suitcase handle for swift passage through the airport
5. Attach your toddler’s safety “leash” to your belt or belt loop as a back-up safety measure when you might otherwise need your hands in that crowded airport line or restroom stall (ahem).
With most carabiner clips priced around $1 each, you have to admit it’s a lot of bang for your buck (click here to see all the various types available) – and likely one of the best deals going on baby travel gear.
Sure, there are probably a dozen more ways you can think of to use your carabiner clip(s) during travel, and I’d love to hear any of your great brainstorms or tried-and-true methods in comments below or on the Travels with Baby Facebook page.
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Ananda Herath on Ask Shelly: Car seat advice for Paris airport shuttle with baby?
- visualrank on Photo Fave: Juice truck at Hanalei
- Plan unforgettble Road Trip on Five easy ways to “green” your next family road trip
- Aquademica on Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite