As readers of Travels with Baby already know, we’re big fans of using carabiner clips during travel. Here are just a few of the ways these simple, inexpensive mountaineering clips may save your sanity on your next family adventure.
Use a carabiner clip to:
1. Secure your child’s Snack Trap to his car seat or stroller strap.
2. Attach a noisy toy to your baby backpack when hiking in bear country.
3. Attach a quiet toy to your child’s overall strap for general travel and especially when you’ll be changing his or her diaper in the lavatory or restroom (keeps their hands busy in a helpful way).
4. Attach your diaper bag, day pack, car seat travel bag, jackets by their hanging loops, or any number of extra items to your rolling suitcase handle for swift passage through the airport
5. Attach your toddler’s safety “leash” to your belt or belt loop as a back-up safety measure when you might otherwise need your hands in that crowded airport line or restroom stall (ahem).
With most carabiner clips priced around $1 each, you have to admit it’s a lot of bang for your buck (click here to see all the various types available) – and likely one of the best deals going on baby travel gear.
Sure, there are probably a dozen more ways you can think of to use your carabiner clip(s) during travel, and I’d love to hear any of your great brainstorms or tried-and-true methods in comments below or on the Travels with Baby Facebook page.
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
Like this page? Please share!
- Kauai’s best north shore beaches for kids
- Quinny Yezz travel stroller sweepstakes! ($279 value)
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.
- Photo Fave: Iao Valley banyan tree, Maui
- The 5 best places to visit California’s giant redwoods and giant sequoias
- Puerto Rico with Kids: San Juan’s 5 Best Activities for Kids Under 5
- Photo Fave: Shark tunnel at Maui Ocean Center
- Maui Ocean Center with kids: Our visit to the Hawaiian Aquarium
- How to find Maui’s north shore Baby Beach – when you need it most