I dish out a lot of advice, so it’s always nice to hear a follow up after a family travels. Those of you who might recall this post from a mom with a Phil & Ted’s double, or any of you contemplating which double travel stroller to take on a trip to Europe may be interested in the outcome. Thanks, Rachel, for letting us know how it went for your family! Her note follows:
Thank you for your advice, Shelly!
The Maclaren Twin ended up being perfect for our trip and I am so glad we got it. There ended up being multiple times where my husband and I had to carry the stroller up stairs (in train stations with no elevator) or push it up the escalator and it never would have worked with the Phil & Teds double. It was great being able to recline one seat (for the 4 month old) while our 2.5 year old sat up. It was easy to quickly fold it up for airport security. The baskets were useful and we used the rain cover often in the rainy European countries we went to. I was amazed how well the wheels did on the cobblestone AND that it fit through just about every standard doorway in Europe (we often got skeptical looks from people who thought we wouldn’t fit through though!) While many of the locals in Europe had Phil & Teds or other all-terrain strollers and we love using ours at home, I am so glad we went with the lightweight Maclaren for our travels through 3 different countries.
So thanks again–perfect recommendation.
Coincidentally, I’m pretty much decided that my own Maclaren Twin, which worked great for juggling 3 weary kids 5 years apart through the airport in the middle of the night, will not be making our next journey to Europe. Wow! Could we really be back to only one in the stroller–even with red-eyes, layovers, and jetlag!? Well, we’ll see.
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
- Shelly Rivoli on Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
- Travel Baby Amsterdam on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
- Farrah (@Momofthreeunder) on Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite