I dish out a lot of advice, so it’s always nice to hear a follow up after a family travels. Those of you who might recall this post from a mom with a Phil & Ted’s double, or any of you contemplating which double travel stroller to take on a trip to Europe may be interested in the outcome. Thanks, Rachel, for letting us know how it went for your family! Her note follows:
Thank you for your advice, Shelly!
The Maclaren Twin ended up being perfect for our trip and I am so glad we got it. There ended up being multiple times where my husband and I had to carry the stroller up stairs (in train stations with no elevator) or push it up the escalator and it never would have worked with the Phil & Teds double. It was great being able to recline one seat (for the 4 month old) while our 2.5 year old sat up. It was easy to quickly fold it up for airport security. The baskets were useful and we used the rain cover often in the rainy European countries we went to. I was amazed how well the wheels did on the cobblestone AND that it fit through just about every standard doorway in Europe (we often got skeptical looks from people who thought we wouldn’t fit through though!) While many of the locals in Europe had Phil & Teds or other all-terrain strollers and we love using ours at home, I am so glad we went with the lightweight Maclaren for our travels through 3 different countries.
So thanks again–perfect recommendation.
Coincidentally, I’m pretty much decided that my own Maclaren Twin, which worked great for juggling 3 weary kids 5 years apart through the airport in the middle of the night, will not be making our next journey to Europe. Wow! Could we really be back to only one in the stroller–even with red-eyes, layovers, and jetlag!? Well, we’ll see.
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
Like this page? Please share!
- Quinny Yezz travel stroller sweepstakes! ($279 value)
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.
- Photo Fave: Iao Valley banyan tree, Maui
- The 5 best places to visit California’s giant redwoods and giant sequoias
- Puerto Rico with Kids: San Juan’s 5 Best Activities for Kids Under 5
- Photo Fave: Shark tunnel at Maui Ocean Center
- Maui Ocean Center with kids: Our visit to the Hawaiian Aquarium
- How to find Maui’s north shore Baby Beach – when you need it most
- Maui’s Ulua Beach: Today I am a Mom