I am so glad that we found your website and were able to buy your book! We are planning a big trip to Europe this fall and will be visiting several countries with our 2 children (3 months old and 2 1/2 years old).
My biggest question is what kind of stroller would be best to bring. We would like to have a double stroller to have the option of putting both kids in the stroller. Our baby is too heavy to ‘wear’ all the time but our 2.5 year old often needs to sit in the stroller when he gets tired, etc. At home we use the Phil & Teds Sport Buggy and love it. However, it is very heavy and bulky to bring on several long flights. We are open to taking it, but have been considering buying a more light weight double stroller for our trip.
You recommended both the Maclaren Twin and Joovy Caboose Ultralight on your website. We are trying to decide between those but are not sure which would be best for Europe? I know there are special considerations for Europe such as smaller doorways and more public transportation. I know we will be happiest if we are prepared with a great stroller and would love your advice on which double stroller would be best for us.
Thanks so much for your question! I would strongly recommend a Maclaren twin stroller for your trip, either the Maclaren Twin Techno or Maclaren Twin Triumph (Triumph is lighter, but no leg rest for the baby). With the independently adjustable (better reclining) seats, napping on the go will be much easier, and either should fit through doorways. Wheels are sturdy, too. I say that having had a Phil and Ted double buggy myself–great for some applications more than others.
I’ve also found that with my Maclaren Twin (and also single Triumph), I can push the infant car seat handle all the way back and hang it over one of the hook handles as we make way through the airport. If your infant car seat can travel without its base, this may be a great option for you. Have fun!
Any other “twin stroller travelers” with tips for Rachel?
Giveaway reminder – Where will your “travels with baby” take you (or where have they taken you already)? Post to the Facebook fan page by midnight tonight (8/25/10) and you may win a signed copy of the book!
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
Like this page? Please share!
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.
- Photo Fave: Iao Valley banyan tree, Maui
- The 5 best places to visit California’s giant redwoods and giant sequoias
- Puerto Rico with Kids: San Juan’s 5 Best Activities for Kids Under 5
- Photo Fave: Shark tunnel at Maui Ocean Center
- Maui Ocean Center with kids: Our visit to the Hawaiian Aquarium
- How to find Maui’s north shore Baby Beach – when you need it most
- Maui’s Ulua Beach: Today I am a Mom
- Photo Fave: Hello, Maui – can you guess this beach?