As I’ve blogged before, there’s much more vacation to be had in San Diego than standing in lines on hot asphalt for kiddie rides or watching fish leap from water — and paying a whole ‘lotta money for the average family of 4 to do so (though if it’s in the budget and up your alley, by all means have a great time).
If you’re looking for a truly budget-friendly family vacation that won’t break the bank, or just some cost-saving alternatives to round out your vacation time, San Diego has a lot to offer. Palm trees, beaches, and warm weather aside, be sure to check out my post Stretch Your Family Vacation Dollars in San Diego.
One other place you won’t want to miss on your family vacation in San Diego is Balboa Park — a place you could easily spend a fun-filled day with young children without spending much money. While there are several museums and events there that you may also like to pay admission for, check out some of our favorite activities for around $2 – or less! Click the video above (or here) to see.
What’s better than that? Staying in San Diego for FREE, of course — in a 1-bedroom suite with your family’s breakfasts included, a full kitchen at your disposal, a great swimming pool, and in a picture-perfect location just minutes from other great activities. Enter to win my current giveaway before midnight 5/11/10!
- Review of Napili Kai Beach Resort, Maui
- Paris with Kids: Make a post-Louvre pit stop at this playground in the Tuileries
- Ask Shelly: Recommended backpack diaper bag for travel?
- Paris with Kids: Why and how to get the Paris Museum Pass for your family’s visit
- Quinny Yezz winner and… what would you like to see next?
- Last chance! Enter to win the Quinny Yezz travel stroller ($279 value)
- Pack This! Family road trip tunes from Ziggy Marley
- Kauai’s best north shore beaches for kids
- Quinny Yezz travel stroller sweepstakes! ($279 value)
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- Shelly Rivoli on Ask Shelly: Best ages for France trip with baby and toddler?
- Catherine on Ask Shelly: How to help a baby adjust to a 9-hour time change and jet lag?
- Catherine on Ask Shelly: Best ages for France trip with baby and toddler?
- Shelly Rivoli on My recommended Paris airport shuttle providing car seats and boosters?
- Brittany on My recommended Paris airport shuttle providing car seats and boosters?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica family-travel family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Italy Jamaica Kauai Maui New York Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday toys traditions TSA