|Kids in Copenhagen flock to Tivoli Gardens in its Christmas splendor..|
One of my favorite holiday traditions in November-December is to go to Tivoli amusement park in Copenhagen. The park is fully decorated in Christmas theme and it has a house with many Scandinavian Santa Clauses dolls that are moving.
Afterwards, it is a must to eat “Æbleskiver,” which are kind of waffle “balls” which you dip in icing sugar and strawberry jam. The Danes can eat these Waffle balls nearly everywhere they go during Christmas season, at home, in every cafe, and of course everywhere in Tivoli, which offers many restaurants and cafes of its own.
What are little ones looking forward to where you live this time of year? If you would like to share a special family activity or tradition from your location, please email a short summary and bio to “contact” at Travels with Baby (dot) com for consideration. If you missed our earlier stops, check out these fun family traditions in Rome and Guatemala.
All content of this blog (c) Shelly Rivoli 2007 – 2011
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.
- Photo Fave: Iao Valley banyan tree, Maui
- The 5 best places to visit California’s giant redwoods and giant sequoias
- Puerto Rico with Kids: San Juan’s 5 Best Activities for Kids Under 5
- Photo Fave: Shark tunnel at Maui Ocean Center