Want to venture beyond Fisherman’s Wharf and the cable cars on your family’s vacation to San Francisco?
Here is a map I put together of a driving tour “loop” you can do with your family if you’d like to see the beautiful beach at Crissy Field I posted about over the weekend, and some other scenic and fun sights in north-central San Francisco, including two favorite parts of Golden Gate Park.
You can start at whichever of these points is most convenient and travel counter-clockwise, though my directions begin at the Palace of Fine Arts and Exploratorium (the picnic table and yellow building icons at 1 o’clock) and end at the original Mel’s Drive-In restaurant for dinner (where Katherine Hepburn orders the Oregon Blackberry shake in “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?” and the set inspiration for American Graffiti).
View Travels with Baby: North San Francisco Loop in a larger map
On this self-drive tour:
1. Palace of Fine Arts
3. Crissy Field Picnic Area and Beach – Bayside
4. Golden Gate Bridge Overlook (camera)
5. Baker Beach – Pacific side
6. Stowe Lake with Boat and Bike Rentals – Golden Gate Park
7. Conservatory of Flowers and lawn
8. Mel’s Original Drive-In diner (hamburger and shake, of course)
Click here to get the larger map with driving directions between points.
All content of this blog (c) Shelly Rivoli 2007 – 2011
- Review of Napili Kai Beach Resort, Maui
- Paris with Kids: Make a post-Louvre pit stop at this playground in the Tuileries
- Ask Shelly: Recommended backpack diaper bag for travel?
- Paris with Kids: Why and how to get the Paris Museum Pass for your family’s visit
- Quinny Yezz winner and… what would you like to see next?
- Last chance! Enter to win the Quinny Yezz travel stroller ($279 value)
- Pack This! Family road trip tunes from Ziggy Marley
- Kauai’s best north shore beaches for kids
- Quinny Yezz travel stroller sweepstakes! ($279 value)
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- Shelly Rivoli on Ask Shelly: Best ages for France trip with baby and toddler?
- Catherine on Ask Shelly: How to help a baby adjust to a 9-hour time change and jet lag?
- Catherine on Ask Shelly: Best ages for France trip with baby and toddler?
- Shelly Rivoli on My recommended Paris airport shuttle providing car seats and boosters?
- Brittany on My recommended Paris airport shuttle providing car seats and boosters?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica family-travel family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Italy Jamaica Kauai Maui New York Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday toys traditions TSA