Want to venture beyond Fisherman’s Wharf and the cable cars on your family’s vacation to San Francisco?
Here is a map I put together of a driving tour “loop” you can do with your family if you’d like to see the beautiful beach at Crissy Field I posted about over the weekend, and some other scenic and fun sights in north-central San Francisco, including two favorite parts of Golden Gate Park.
You can start at whichever of these points is most convenient and travel counter-clockwise, though my directions begin at the Palace of Fine Arts and Exploratorium (the picnic table and yellow building icons at 1 o’clock) and end at the original Mel’s Drive-In restaurant for dinner (where Katherine Hepburn orders the Oregon Blackberry shake in “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?” and the set inspiration for American Graffiti).
View Travels with Baby: North San Francisco Loop in a larger map
On this self-drive tour:
1. Palace of Fine Arts
3. Crissy Field Picnic Area and Beach – Bayside
4. Golden Gate Bridge Overlook (camera)
5. Baker Beach – Pacific side
6. Stowe Lake with Boat and Bike Rentals – Golden Gate Park
7. Conservatory of Flowers and lawn
8. Mel’s Original Drive-In diner (hamburger and shake, of course)
Click here to get the larger map with driving directions between points.
All content of this blog (c) Shelly Rivoli 2007 – 2011