In case you have not yet heard about the latest Graco car seat recall—or the update as of late this week, please be aware that several models of Graco car seats are included in a recall concerning the harness buckles (only) on these seats, some of which have been included in the Best Car Seats for Travel pages at www.TravelswithBaby.com.
THE PROBLEM: Graco has found that some buckles are becoming more difficult to use (and unbuckle) over time, and is offering to replace the harness buckles free of charge for anyone experiencing this.
THE PLACE TO CHECK: To see a complete list of the car seats included in this recall and the dates of manufacture, follow this link. If your car seat is included and you’ve been having trouble with your buckle, you can order your free replacement online using the web form here.
IF YOUR CAR SEAT IS LISTED: Graco wants to emphasize that these car seats are still considered safe and effective and may continue to be used until the replacement buckles are received.
Shelly Rivoli, author of the NEW 2nd edition Travels with Baby guidebook(!)
The Ultimate Guide for Planning Travel with Your Baby, Toddler, and Preschooler
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Ananda Herath on Ask Shelly: Car seat advice for Paris airport shuttle with baby?
- visualrank on Photo Fave: Juice truck at Hanalei
- Plan unforgettble Road Trip on Five easy ways to “green” your next family road trip
- Aquademica on Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite