Dear gentle readers,
You may notice that the posting here has been a little sporadic of late. Please understand that it is only because I am losing my mind. While I may be a little behind in my blogging (and showering, and a few other things), know that I have a MUCH bigger fish I’m stalking right now, fry pan in hand.
“Moby Book” (no, that’s not the name) is going to get his soon. I won’t let the cat out of the bag just yet, but those of you who look to Travels with Baby, the site and this blog for helpful travel tips are going to LOVE what’s coming next. I know I do—even if it’s mile 23 of the marathon here at my desk. So if you have a chance, post me a comment, drop me a line, throw water on me as I breeze past you during these next weeks.
I admit that finishing Travels with Baby was tough enough—back when I had only two children, one website, and zero blogs. But back then I also had no idea how many people would actually buy or use the book. It was an incredibly lonely undertaking with no guaranteed payoff. I had to trust that if I made a book I knew was genuinely helpful for me there were bound to be other people who would find it helpful, too.
Wow. What an amazing journey it’s been since then! Here are some of the highlights: http://www.travelswithbaby.com/book/media.htm
So before I get back to that manuscript (no, really, I’m not procrastinating here), I’d just like to say how much I appreciate the interviews some of you have participated in, the emails many of you have sent, the blog comments, the various facebook posts, and all the support you’ve shown for Travels with Baby since its publication.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping to make the story of this success. More soon.
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
- Aquademica on Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
- Shelly Rivoli on Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
- Travel Baby Amsterdam on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite