The hike up Moro Rock offers stunning views of Sequoia National Park with panoramic vistas of California’s Central Valley and the Western Divide from its top.
Although the trail to the top of Moro Rock is only 1/3 mile, it’s pretty much vertical, climbing 300 feet.
You’ll want to keep a firm grip on your toddler here, if not take the added precaution of looping his safety harness strap to your belt with a carabiner (or D-ring) clip. Backpack carriers or frontpack child carriers work well here, with the exception of a couple of tight passageways you may need to shift slightly to fit through with a large frame backpack carrier.
Your little hiker will likely welcome a ride in your arms or on your shoulders before your visit is through. And there are stretches you may welcome the chance to hold him tight in your arms as well!
Still, it’s a beautiful place to experience during your visit to Sequoia National Park, and a memory that’s likely to stick with you for many years to come.
Moro Rock is near the Giant Forest Museum, just off the General’s Highway that runs through Sequoia National Park. For more information, head to www.visitsequoia.com and check out the related posts and pages below.
Related posts and pages:
- Important tips for your visit to Crystal Cave in Sequoia National Park
- Review of family-friendly Wuksachi Lodge in Sequoia National Park
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
- Aquademica on Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
- Shelly Rivoli on Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
- Travel Baby Amsterdam on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite