|Don’t miss Sydney: 5 Best with Kids Under 5|
One common misconception among the American parents I hear from is that our car seats and our car seat laws in the U.S. are the toughest anywhere. Not so. In fact, the European branded car seats you may purchase here are manufactured to meet our FMV standards only–not those of Europe or the U.K., which are different and some would argue more rigorous.
- Children under four years of age must not travel in the front row of a vehicle with two or more rows.
- Children riding in the front seat of a vehicle who are aged from four to seven years of age must be seated in a forward facing restraint or booster seat, even in the front seat.
- Children from four to seven years of age can only sit in the front row of a vehicle with two or more rows when all other seats are occupied by children of a lesser age in an approved child restraint.
If you are planning to spend time in Sydney, don’t miss the new Sydney: 5 Best with Kids Under 5 recommendations contributed by Danni, which include the best restaurant with kids, wildlife viewing, safest beach and more for your family’s Sydney vacation.
All content of this blog (c) Shelly Rivoli
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Ask Shelly: Advice on travel beds for twins?
- Flying with Infants: Checklist for Getting an Airplane Bassinet
- Need to Know: Flying Gulf Air with a Baby or Toddler
- Pack This! Insect repellent clothing for babies and toddlers
- “Travels with Baby” is an IndieFab finalist in TWO categories!
- Twelve Weeks of “Awesome” Fun for a Cause in San Francisco
- Ask Shelly: Use car seat for overnight flight with toddler—or lap?
- Seven reasons you’ll be glad to have a stroller in Paris
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite