Visiting New York with your baby or toddler and need a taxi cab with a car seat? You’re not alone. While you may not need a car seat except for your ride to and from the airport, or for a particular outing one day of your stay in Manhattan, you don’t have to choose between lugging the car seat from home or using no car seat at all when you ride in a taxi or airport shuttle.
All three of these private car hire services provide airport transportation from JFK, Newark, and La Guardia to Manhattan with car seats or safety boosters by request.
NYC Limousine – http://nyclimousine.com/
Kid Car New York – https://www.kidcarny.com/
Crestwood Car & Limousine Service – http://www.crestwoodlimo.com/
At time of writing, the least expensive JFK Airport option of these—if you can all fit with your baggage—is the Lincoln Town Car ($55) from Crestwood Car & Limousine Service with the requested car seat ($15) for a total of $70 + tolls & tip.
All three of these services offer a minivan or van option at a higher rate ranging from $120 up to $160, with each car seat or booster costing an extra $15 to $20. Worth it? Safety aside, how much would you pay to skip that taxi line with your toddler after surviving a red-eye from the West Coast?
These companies can also be used for point-to-point trips in town or hired by the hour for sightseeing as well.
Related posts and pages:
- Tips for taking the New York City subway with a stroller
- Hire private car service for your family in NYC
- Car seat laws and taxis in New York and beyond
- How to get around New York City with a baby
- Car seat travel alternatives
More tips about travel with car seats in Part 4 of Travels with Baby
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
Like this page? Please share!
- Quinny Yezz travel stroller sweepstakes! ($279 value)
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.
- Photo Fave: Iao Valley banyan tree, Maui
- The 5 best places to visit California’s giant redwoods and giant sequoias
- Puerto Rico with Kids: San Juan’s 5 Best Activities for Kids Under 5
- Photo Fave: Shark tunnel at Maui Ocean Center
- Maui Ocean Center with kids: Our visit to the Hawaiian Aquarium
- How to find Maui’s north shore Baby Beach – when you need it most
- Maui’s Ulua Beach: Today I am a Mom