Of the Top Ten Expressions You Don’t Want to Hear when Traveling with a Car Seat, “Up the back” ranks pretty high on the list for most parents. While you can’t always anticipate a baby blowout, potty training accident, or the inability to get your child to the lavatory in a timely manner owing to turbulence, you can be armed and ready for surprises with the very simple, very smart PiddlePad.
The PiddlePad by Kiddopatomus is a waterproof seat liner that works with all car seat harness systems, and can be used in your child’s infant car seat and later on in his toddler car seat. Better still, it can absorb up to 1 cup of liquid in case that next Rest Area doesn’t reveal itself in time on your family road trip.
For better odds, consider the PiddlePad two-pack to keep you covered (or rather your car seat) during travel.
Want more car seat travel tips? Check out the road trip and car seat travel tips index, and don’t miss Part 4 of Travels with Baby: Travels by Automobile. Want sanity-saving tips and ideas you can use during your family road trip? Keep that Take-Along Travels with Baby pocket guide handy.
- Review of Napili Kai Beach Resort, Maui
- Paris with Kids: Make a post-Louvre pit stop at this playground in the Tuileries
- Ask Shelly: Recommended backpack diaper bag for travel?
- Paris with Kids: Why and how to get the Paris Museum Pass for your family’s visit
- Quinny Yezz winner and… what would you like to see next?
- Last chance! Enter to win the Quinny Yezz travel stroller ($279 value)
- Pack This! Family road trip tunes from Ziggy Marley
- Kauai’s best north shore beaches for kids
- Quinny Yezz travel stroller sweepstakes! ($279 value)
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- Shelly Rivoli on Ask Shelly: Best ages for France trip with baby and toddler?
- Catherine on Ask Shelly: How to help a baby adjust to a 9-hour time change and jet lag?
- Catherine on Ask Shelly: Best ages for France trip with baby and toddler?
- Shelly Rivoli on My recommended Paris airport shuttle providing car seats and boosters?
- Brittany on My recommended Paris airport shuttle providing car seats and boosters?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica family-travel family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Italy Jamaica Kauai Maui New York Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday toys traditions TSA