Of the Top Ten Expressions You Don’t Want to Hear when Traveling with a Car Seat, “Up the back” ranks pretty high on the list for most parents. While you can’t always anticipate a baby blowout, potty training accident, or the inability to get your child to the lavatory in a timely manner owing to turbulence, you can be armed and ready for surprises with the very simple, very smart PiddlePad.
The PiddlePad by Kiddopatomus is a waterproof seat liner that works with all car seat harness systems, and can be used in your child’s infant car seat and later on in his toddler car seat. Better still, it can absorb up to 1 cup of liquid in case that next Rest Area doesn’t reveal itself in time on your family road trip.
For better odds, consider the PiddlePad two-pack to keep you covered (or rather your car seat) during travel.
Want more car seat travel tips? Check out the road trip and car seat travel tips index, and don’t miss Part 4 of Travels with Baby: Travels by Automobile. Want sanity-saving tips and ideas you can use during your family road trip? Keep that Take-Along Travels with Baby pocket guide handy.
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Ananda Herath on Ask Shelly: Car seat advice for Paris airport shuttle with baby?
- visualrank on Photo Fave: Juice truck at Hanalei
- Plan unforgettble Road Trip on Five easy ways to “green” your next family road trip
- Aquademica on Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite