One of the things I often heard from skeptics, after Travels with Baby first came out, was “Why waste travel on such young kids when they won’t remember it? When they won’t even enjoy it?” Particularly overseas travel–what’s to gain by dragging young children half-way around the world, through stuffy museums, crowded markets? Someone once even suggested I should have saved our money until our kids were old enough to remember traveling and then take them to Disneyland, where “they would at least have fun.”
For these people, I have always felt, it’s clear travel shouldn’t be wasted on them. Here is my daughter at four years old in the British Museum, surprising me with her fascination for and questions about the amazing clocks that I admit I never expected would be so interesting to see, especially to a child. They were intriguing to me, but through her eyes they were magic.
Not surprisingly, she still remembers this day… followed by playing outside in the snow on Russell Square.
This post is part of the Photo Friday Fun at DeliciousBaby.com. Have a great weekend!
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
Like this page? Please share!
- Kauai’s best north shore beaches for kids
- Quinny Yezz travel stroller sweepstakes! ($279 value)
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.
- Photo Fave: Iao Valley banyan tree, Maui
- The 5 best places to visit California’s giant redwoods and giant sequoias
- Puerto Rico with Kids: San Juan’s 5 Best Activities for Kids Under 5
- Photo Fave: Shark tunnel at Maui Ocean Center
- Maui Ocean Center with kids: Our visit to the Hawaiian Aquarium
- How to find Maui’s north shore Baby Beach – when you need it most