|How to spend Palm Friday in Costa Rica? Build your own beach hut on the Pacific.|
If you enjoyed last Friday’s Sunset at Playa Hermosa Photo Fave, here’s a glimpse of how you can pass the hours (and hours) of the afternoon with your kids on this family-friendly beach, while taking a break from the sun.
Along the shady border of this vast sandy beach, you’ll find palm fronds, driftwood, and coconuts all crying out to be crafted into one-of-a-kind shelters. While our beach hut was rather modest by the standards of several more experienced and imaginative builders on the beach, the kids were quite proud they could help their dad build it.
And if you’re wondering, this photo really was taken on Palm Friday! One that I’ll never forget. This post is part of Photo Friday at DeliciousBaby.com, and part of my ongoing Photo Fave series (click here to see more).
Related Posts and Pages:
Dinner with our private chef in Costa Rica
Review of Blue Batik Villa (a few minutes’ walk from this)
Photo Fave: Sunset at Playa Hermosa
5 Best with Children Under 5: Costa Rica’s Nicoya Peninsula
See all Costa Rica travel tips and posts from Travels with Baby
All content of this blog (c) Shelly Rivoli
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Jenille Cristy on Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
- Shelly Rivoli on Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
- Travel Baby Amsterdam on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite