|How to spend Palm Friday in Costa Rica? Build your own beach hut on the Pacific.|
If you enjoyed last Friday’s Sunset at Playa Hermosa Photo Fave, here’s a glimpse of how you can pass the hours (and hours) of the afternoon with your kids on this family-friendly beach, while taking a break from the sun.
Along the shady border of this vast sandy beach, you’ll find palm fronds, driftwood, and coconuts all crying out to be crafted into one-of-a-kind shelters. While our beach hut was rather modest by the standards of several more experienced and imaginative builders on the beach, the kids were quite proud they could help their dad build it.
And if you’re wondering, this photo really was taken on Palm Friday! One that I’ll never forget. This post is part of Photo Friday at DeliciousBaby.com, and part of my ongoing Photo Fave series (click here to see more).
Related Posts and Pages:
Dinner with our private chef in Costa Rica
Review of Blue Batik Villa (a few minutes’ walk from this)
Photo Fave: Sunset at Playa Hermosa
5 Best with Children Under 5: Costa Rica’s Nicoya Peninsula
See all Costa Rica travel tips and posts from Travels with Baby
All content of this blog (c) Shelly Rivoli
- Roundup: Health tips for winter family vacations with babies & young children
- Ultimate Holiday Travel with Kids Checklist
- Ask Shelly: Tips for helping a baby sleep on an airplane – and stay asleep?
- Ask Shelly: Best place to stop on a family road trip from San Francisco to southern California?
- Pack This! Brain Quest for travel with toddlers and preschoolers
- Roundup: Yosemite Family Vacation Tips
- When can kids safely fly without car seats on airplanes?
- Ten Essential Tips for Planning a Great Vacation with Grandparents
- Kauai with Kids: Tips for a good family day trip to Waimea Canyon–even with a toddler in tow
- Flying with a toddler? Beware of airplanes with airbags.
- Will your child need a “letter of consent” or other documents for international travel? (sample letter included)
- Photo Fave: Have I mentioned traveling with me is exhausting?
- Shelly Rivoli on Roundup: Health tips for winter family vacations with babies & young children
- Maya on Roundup: Health tips for winter family vacations with babies & young children
- Steve on Ask Shelly: Best reclining travel stroller for round-the-world trip with baby?
- costa rica tours on A visit to Costa Rica’s La Paz Waterfall Gardens Nature Park and Wildlife Refuge
- Ellie on Tips for Visiting Kauai’s National Tropical Botanical Garden – with Kids
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Italy Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite