I came across this snapshot while looking for a cute camping photo for my previous post (Camping with your Baby or toddler? Remember these tips). While it’s fun to see how tiny my big girl was on her first camping trip (3 mos, near Big Sur), I have to admit it’s a complete shock to see how much younger I look in this photo. I mean, it wasn’t THAT long ago, was it?
(I can hear my mother, who camped with me as an infant, chuckling in the distance…)
Perhaps it was the sheer simplicity of going on a weekend trip as a family without trying to work it into a guidebook or blog post or article. Sigh. I’m happy to say that’s exactly what I’m about to do. Well, for the most part.
Sure, some work will still follow, but when I’m not working, I vow to be in the moment. Well, when I’m not behind my camera taking 500+ photos of my amazing children, I will definitely be, for the most part, in the moment. In fact, maybe I’ll even be in the some of the photos this time around?!
There are times I just have to put my foot, and the camera down. But I’m so glad for photos like this!
How about you?
Are you or your partner able to disconnect from work when you travel with your family? I know many of you travel for your work – do you have any tips for carving out some sacred “family time” in the middle of work trips with kids in tow?
This post is part of Photo Friday at DeliciousBaby.com.
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Ananda Herath on Ask Shelly: Car seat advice for Paris airport shuttle with baby?
- visualrank on Photo Fave: Juice truck at Hanalei
- Plan unforgettble Road Trip on Five easy ways to “green” your next family road trip
- Aquademica on Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite