The fun thing about my photo faves is that you never know where we’ll be next.
This Earth Day tribute comes from our stay a couple of years ago at Breitenbush Hot Springs Retreat in Oregon – probably the greenest resort I’ve ever visited. This wellness retreat is set at the foothills of the Cascade Mountains where geothermal steam powers the entire retreat and naturally heats the soaking pools right along with my favorite: the little wooden sauna on stilts.
If you are looking for a truly off-the-grid, green resort experience where babies and toddlers are welcome, with three delicious vegetarian meals a day included, daily yoga classes, and even an annual natural parenting conference, you’ll want to be sure and check out my detailed review of our family’s stay at Breitenbush Retreat (click here).
And in case you don’t speak “bathing suit optional” (I know you can’t wait to read the review now), you might want to check out my review of our family’s stay at quite a different Oregon resort: Salishan Golf Resort and Spa. (Bathing suits are required and resort terry robes are encouraged.)
Happy Earth Day weekend to all. This post is part of the Photo Friday fun at DeliciousBaby.com.
Previous post: Five easy ways to “green” your next family road trip.
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- In Loving Memory of My Traveling Grandma
- Pack This! Halo Sleepsack for safer, saner travel with a baby
- Should the FAA force parents to buy seats for babies and toddlers?
- “Travels with Baby” Wins a Lowell Thomas Award in Guidebooks
- And the winner of the $100 Amex gift card is…
- The Case for Traveling with a Baby (an excerpt)
- A 7th blogiversary salute & $100 Amex gift card giveaway!
- Ask Shelly: Best car seat for flying when kids are too big CARES?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite