If it’s been a while since your last flight with your young child, you’ll have one more thing to look forward to as you pass through airport security points within the U.S. Children 12 years and younger are no longer required to remove their shoes. When I think of the absurd moments of travel over the past several years, including the pat-down of my entire family after we’d already cleared security and once being told to remove my infant’s leather booties, it’s nice to know that, well, maybe things are getting a little easier for travelers with young kids.
Though we’d had the new procedure explained to us previously (after I already had all my children’s shoes off), I was delighted to see this silly sign greeting everyone at the Kauai airport. Are you flying soon?
Remember the quick tips for flying with your baby and toddler on the Air Travel help page!
This post is part of Photo Friday at DeliciousBaby.com.
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
- Plan unforgettble Road Trip on Five easy ways to “green” your next family road trip
- Aquademica on Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
- Shelly Rivoli on Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Your questions: Babysitter for Kauai vacation, double stroller for Netherlands in November?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite