Me. There. Now. (Clicking heels.)
Well, at least I have some hundred photos to help remember (and try to relive!) all the fun our family had at the gorgeous, and even toddler-friendly beach we stayed by at Playa Hermosa. Here you can see what I mean by my description in the review of Blue Batik villa (just a few minutes’ walk from this very spot) of how the smooth sand beach is vast and wide–so much so that as the tide comes in and out it creates this mirrored expanse that seems to make all the world a sky as sunset draws near.
I’d seen some brilliant photos of sunset here before we arrived, but I never expected that taking magical pictures of it would be so easy–or addicting. Case in point: This photo was not taken with our good camera, but with the very basic but beachworthy waterproof (and nearly toddler-proof) Kodak Play Sport, which also captured some magical video footage of kids splashing in the surf and blue crabs on the run in nearby tidepools, among other treasures. (And in case you were wondering, we chose and paid for this camera ourselves.)
This post is part of the Photo Friday Fun over at DeliciousBaby.com. Have a great weekend, and if you’re looking for more Costa Rica family travel tips, see the links below.
Related posts and pages:
- Traveling by ferry from Puntarenas to Nicoya Peninsula
- Review of Casa Vista at Manzanillo (15 minutes north of Batik Retreat)
- 5 Best with Children Under 5:Costa Rica’s Nicoya Peninsula
- 5 ways to ease your arrival in Costa Rica with kids
- Car seat laws in Costa Rica
- All related Costa Rica travel tips from Travels with Baby
All content of this blog (c) Shelly Rivoli
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- In Loving Memory of My Traveling Grandma
- Pack This! Halo Sleepsack for safer, saner travel with a baby
- Should the FAA force parents to buy seats for babies and toddlers?
- “Travels with Baby” Wins a Lowell Thomas Award in Guidebooks
- And the winner of the $100 Amex gift card is…
- The Case for Traveling with a Baby (an excerpt)
- A 7th blogiversary salute & $100 Amex gift card giveaway!
- Ask Shelly: Best car seat for flying when kids are too big CARES?
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite