Me. There. Now. (Clicking heels.)
Well, at least I have some hundred photos to help remember (and try to relive!) all the fun our family had at the gorgeous, and even toddler-friendly beach we stayed by at Playa Hermosa. Here you can see what I mean by my description in the review of Blue Batik villa (just a few minutes’ walk from this very spot) of how the smooth sand beach is vast and wide–so much so that as the tide comes in and out it creates this mirrored expanse that seems to make all the world a sky as sunset draws near.
I’d seen some brilliant photos of sunset here before we arrived, but I never expected that taking magical pictures of it would be so easy–or addicting. Case in point: This photo was not taken with our good camera, but with the very basic but beachworthy waterproof (and nearly toddler-proof) Kodak Play Sport, which also captured some magical video footage of kids splashing in the surf and blue crabs on the run in nearby tidepools, among other treasures. (And in case you were wondering, we chose and paid for this camera ourselves.)
This post is part of the Photo Friday Fun over at DeliciousBaby.com. Have a great weekend, and if you’re looking for more Costa Rica family travel tips, see the links below.
Related posts and pages:
- Traveling by ferry from Puntarenas to Nicoya Peninsula
- Review of Casa Vista at Manzanillo (15 minutes north of Batik Retreat)
- 5 Best with Children Under 5:Costa Rica’s Nicoya Peninsula
- 5 ways to ease your arrival in Costa Rica with kids
- Car seat laws in Costa Rica
- All related Costa Rica travel tips from Travels with Baby
All content of this blog (c) Shelly Rivoli
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
Like this page? Please share!
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.
- Photo Fave: Iao Valley banyan tree, Maui
- The 5 best places to visit California’s giant redwoods and giant sequoias
- Puerto Rico with Kids: San Juan’s 5 Best Activities for Kids Under 5
- Photo Fave: Shark tunnel at Maui Ocean Center
- Maui Ocean Center with kids: Our visit to the Hawaiian Aquarium
- How to find Maui’s north shore Baby Beach – when you need it most
- Maui’s Ulua Beach: Today I am a Mom
- Photo Fave: Hello, Maui – can you guess this beach?