To spice up any family road trip, add one ferry boat ride. In the San Juan Islands, a ride from Anacortes will not only lead you through spectacular scenery freed from your car seats and seat belts, all with the chance of spotting orcas and other wildlife, but you can eat hot dogs and popcorn, and drink a cold beer at the same time. With kids, the entertainment is clearly built-in. After exploring multiple levels of the ferry, getting snacks, and waving to sailboats, there will inevitably be a playdate with other young kids onboard at this helm for wee-skippers-in-training. Let everybody have a turn, please!
Last chance! “Would you give your child Benadryl to help him sleep on a flight?”
Just a few hours left to post your comment, take the poll, and be entered to win a free copy of the new Take-Along Travels with Baby. Click here for the post.
Related posts and pages:
Review of Best Western Inn and Suites Friday Harbor, San Juan Island
Three easyways to help keep baby happy in the back seat
Think outside the car seat
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
- Paris with Kids: Make a post-Louvre pit stop at this playground in the Tuileries
- Ask Shelly: Recommended backpack diaper bag for travel?
- Paris with Kids: Why and how to get the Paris Museum Pass for your family’s visit
- Quinny Yezz winner and… what would you like to see next?
- Last chance! Enter to win the Quinny Yezz travel stroller ($279 value)
- Pack This! Family road trip tunes from Ziggy Marley
- Kauai’s best north shore beaches for kids
- Quinny Yezz travel stroller sweepstakes! ($279 value)
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.