As leaf peepers flock north by northeast to thrill at the annual rainbow spectacular, I find myself searching for any sign of autumn color on the trees around our California home. Not much to report this year… as usual.
But to say we don’t have trees worth visiting in California? You’d have to be silly.
Here’s just a part of our singlemost favorite stand of giant sequoia trees in Sequoia National Park. The Parker Grove, named for the family of the park’s superintendent from 1893 – 94, is not one of the most famous stands of sequoias in the park. But there is a definite following of those who, like us, happen upon it driving the quieter roads near Moro Rock and simply have to stop and enjoy them.
When you get there, and I hope you will, say hello for us.
For more tips on visiting Sequoia National Park with your family, see the related posts and pages below.
Previous post: Will your car seat be allowed on the airplane?
Related posts and pages:
- Sequoia National Park – Review of Wuksachi Lodge inside Sequoia National Park
- Sequoia National Park – Hiking Moro Rock with little kids in Sequoia
- Sequoia National Park – Crystal Cave – Important tips for your visit
Silver Award Winner in Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association
- Need to Know: Flying American Airlines with a baby or toddler
- Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for a great road trip with a baby, toddler, or preschooler
- Pack This! The roadtrip-ready Ciao! Baby portable high chair
- Amsterdam: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Roundup: Top tips for camping with babies and toddlers (and preschoolers!)
- RideSafer 2 travel vest winner + 5 pages to bookmark
- Last call! Win a RideSafer travel vest + Travels with Baby guidebook
- Ananda Herath on Ask Shelly: Car seat advice for Paris airport shuttle with baby?
- visualrank on Photo Fave: Juice truck at Hanalei
- Plan unforgettble Road Trip on Five easy ways to “green” your next family road trip
- Aquademica on Seattle: 5 Best with Kids Under 5
- Shelly Rivoli on Need to Know: Flying Ryanair with a baby or toddler
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips roundup safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite