As leaf peepers flock north by northeast to thrill at the annual rainbow spectacular, I find myself searching for any sign of autumn color on the trees around our California home. Not much to report this year… as usual.
But to say we don’t have trees worth visiting in California? You’d have to be silly.
Here’s just a part of our singlemost favorite stand of giant sequoia trees in Sequoia National Park. The Parker Grove, named for the family of the park’s superintendent from 1893 – 94, is not one of the most famous stands of sequoias in the park. But there is a definite following of those who, like us, happen upon it driving the quieter roads near Moro Rock and simply have to stop and enjoy them.
When you get there, and I hope you will, say hello for us.
For more tips on visiting Sequoia National Park with your family, see the related posts and pages below.
Previous post: Will your car seat be allowed on the airplane?
Related posts and pages:
- Sequoia National Park – Review of Wuksachi Lodge inside Sequoia National Park
- Sequoia National Park – Hiking Moro Rock with little kids in Sequoia
- Sequoia National Park – Crystal Cave – Important tips for your visit
- Roundup: Health tips for winter family vacations with babies & young children
- Ultimate Holiday Travel with Kids Checklist
- Ask Shelly: Tips for helping a baby sleep on an airplane – and stay asleep?
- Ask Shelly: Best place to stop on a family road trip from San Francisco to southern California?
- Pack This! Brain Quest for travel with toddlers and preschoolers
- Roundup: Yosemite Family Vacation Tips
- When can kids safely fly without car seats on airplanes?
- Ten Essential Tips for Planning a Great Vacation with Grandparents
- Kauai with Kids: Tips for a good family day trip to Waimea Canyon–even with a toddler in tow
- Flying with a toddler? Beware of airplanes with airbags.
- Will your child need a “letter of consent” or other documents for international travel? (sample letter included)
- Photo Fave: Have I mentioned traveling with me is exhausting?
- Shelly Rivoli on Roundup: Health tips for winter family vacations with babies & young children
- Maya on Roundup: Health tips for winter family vacations with babies & young children
- Steve on Ask Shelly: Best reclining travel stroller for round-the-world trip with baby?
- costa rica tours on A visit to Costa Rica’s La Paz Waterfall Gardens Nature Park and Wildlife Refuge
- Ellie on Tips for Visiting Kauai’s National Tropical Botanical Garden – with Kids
Tagsairlines air travel animals Ask Shelly awards beach blog books budget California camping car seats Costa Rica Europe family travel food France gear giveaway green travel guest post Hawaii health holiday travel Italy Jamaica Kauai Maui Oregon outdoor Pack This Paris parks Photo Fave road trips safety San Francisco sleep Spain tips Tip Tuesday traditions travel toys TSA Yosemite