|Paris has lovely carousels year round, with an extra 20 carousels offering free rides the final 2 weeks of December.|
Today, the Travels with Baby Traditions series takes us to Paris, where resident mom Camille Spanjaard whisks us past the loveliest carousels in all the city – a definite highlight of Paris in December. Camille is the founder of Baby’Tems baby equipment rental agency in Paris, and she recently partnered with Babychou, a long-term and short-term babysitting specialist.
Actually there’s a multiplication of carousels in Paris at this time of year. And besides those present all year round, kids will discover various other merry-go-rounds appearing in addition to those from December 17th till January 1st of 2012, during which time Paris is making 20 of its carousels free for everyone (note: the carousels listed here are not among those free).Since I (or more precisely, my kids) have repeated experience with a lot of them in Paris, here are my children’s top 3 favorite carousels, chosen because they are special… and with one on each side of Paris…
2nd Place is for the oldest one in Paris: after visiting the Eiffel Tower, have a walk in the Champ de Mars … with the Eiffel Tower in your back, go to the right of the park, you’ll find a tiny (but so cute !) merry-go-round with wooden horses only…and no electric engine. 2 guys are needed to start it…pushing it manually. Once launched, one turns the handle while the other one is installing the game (rings that kids need to catch with their stick).
3rd Place (but certainly not the last place…it’s so hard to make a selection among all Paris carousels tested) is the traditional one at bottom of Sacré-Coeur (place Saint Pierre)… for its view on the basilica and its proximity to great baby friendly places. ok, this one is rather my favorite rather than my kids’ one…
All content of this blog (c) Shelly Rivoli 2007 – 2011
- "99 of the Best Travel Blogs" from TravelBlogs.com "10 Best Family Travel Blogs" from Blogs.com "Top 10 Family Travel Blogs" from TripBase.com "Top 25 Travel Blogs for Families" and "#2 for Insider Tips and Tricks" from Babble.com
- Photo Fave: My Mother’s Day… by jeep!
- Photo Fave: Travels with Grandma, reaching new heights in Costa Rica
- Pack This! Speedo easy-packing swim vest for toddlers and little kids
- The best playground in Paris? Say bonjour to Parc de Jeux.
- Photo Fave: Iao Valley banyan tree, Maui
- The 5 best places to visit California’s giant redwoods and giant sequoias
- Puerto Rico with Kids: San Juan’s 5 Best Activities for Kids Under 5
- Photo Fave: Shark tunnel at Maui Ocean Center